Being good stewards of our small piece of the earth is important to us and all of our staff. So we have sought to incorporate good environmental practices into our business. As our guest you will benefit from our, mostly organic foods, gentle cleaning products, chemical free landscape, and more. Below is a list of the many practices we have adopted to help protect our environment:
- We buy organic and locally grown food as much as possible.
- Grow many of our own herbs and vegetables in our organic garden.
- Use pump dispensers for soap, shampoo and lotion to eliminate waste and plastic from individual containers.
- Offer a linen (both sheets and towels) reuse program in all guest rooms.Picking herbs in the garden.
- Compost biodegradable kitchen waste.
- Recycle cans, plastics, glass, and paper.
- Use no fertilizers or herbicides on our property.
- Provide reusable items such as cloth napkins, glass cups, ceramic dishes, etc. with most food and beverage services.
- Use nontoxic or least toxic cleaners, sanitizers, paints, and pesticides throughout the hotel.
- Switched to compact fluorescent light bulbs in guest rooms, lobbies, and hallways.
- Educate our staff to turn off lights and turn down heating/air conditioning when rooms are unoccupied.
- Installed low flow toilets.
- Installed window film in many areas to lower heating and cooling loads.
- Landscape with drought resistant native plants in garden areas.
- Include filter changes, coil cleaning, thermostat calibration, and damper adjustments in our on going maintenance plan.
- Purchase “Energy Star” appliances wherever possible.
- Provide ceiling fans in most rooms.
- Set water temperatures to conserve energy.